Thomas Anderson is past President and founder of Commercial Retail Associates, Inc. Anderson specializes in all aspects of shopping center leasing and sales, including site acquisition, site plan development, marketing strategies, development activities and feasibility studies. Anderson has been involved in retail shopping center leasing and development since 1978 and has been instrumental in the construction of over 65 shopping centers during that period, comprising over 6,000,000 square feet.
Anderson, along with Kevin Tweed, originated Anderson-Tweed Commercial Associates, Inc. in November 1981 and sold their real estate brokerage company to Grubb & Ellis Company in February 1984. Anderson previously served as Vice President of the Commercial/Retail Department of Charles Tingey Associates, Inc. (Colliers) and was a Senior Marketing Consultant for Grubb & Ellis Company.
Anderson has been involved in approximately 48 grocery store transactions, including multiple deals with Save Mart Supermarkets, Vons, Safeway, Albertsons, Stater Brothers, Food 4 Less, Food Maxx and Lucky Stores. He has also completed 25 drug store deals with Payless Drug, CVS Pharmacy, Thrifty and Save On. Additional major tenant transactions include multiple deals with Costco, Kmart, Mervyns and Super Kmart, plus Target, Wal Mart, Plant Fitness, Dollar Tree and Orchard Supply Hardware.
Shopping Center projects have been completed in Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia, Clovis, Merced, Lathrop, Ripon, Porterville, Atwater, Sanger, Lompoc, Selma, Delano, Reedley, Hanford, Tracy, Atascadero, Turlock, Ridgecrest, Apple Valley, Victorville, Manteca, Tulare, Stockton, San Pablo and Lemoore during the past 30 years.
The following projects were ground up development and exceed 120,000 square feet in size:
- Clovis and Kings Canyon Shopping Center, Fresno, California – Save Mart Supermarket (originally Vons), Orchard Supply Hardware (originally Handyman), dd’s Discount, McDonald’s and Taco Bell. (197,000 sq. ft.)
- Olivewood Center, Merced, California – Lucky Grocery Store (Save Mart) and Gottschalk’s Department Store, Hobbylobby. (171,000 sq. ft.
- SWC Champlain and Perrin, Fresno, California – Save Mart and CVS Pharmacy. (140,000 sq. ft.)
- SEC Nees and Willow, Clovis – Save Mart Supermarket, CVS Pharmacy and McDonald’s Co-Brand. (120,000 sq. ft.)
Shopping Center Investment Sales Include:
- Kings Mall, Hanford, California
- Sunnyside Country Club Village, NEC Clovis and Kings Canyon, Fresno, California
- SEC Kings Canyon and Clovis, Fresno, California
- Fig Garden Village, Fresno, California
- Rancho Viejo Shopping Center, Visalia, California
- Fig Garden Financial, Fresno, California